Call for Abstracts
11th Northeastern Alpine Stewardship Gathering
October 25-27, 2019
High Peaks Resort, Lake Placid, NY
The Waterman Fund is now accepting abstracts for oral and poster presentations on topics regarding alpine stewardship and wilderness management in the Northeastern United States and Canada.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Alpine research
- Managing high use and parking in our public lands
- Sustainable trail work
- Mitigating recreational impacts
- Tangibles and intangibles of wilderness
For each submission (multiple submissions considered) please include:
- 400 word or less abstract
- Contact information: name, address, phone number, email, affiliation(s)
- Proposed format of your presentation (oral presentation, panel, or poster)
If interested in tabling at the event, please include in your email.
All submissions should be sent electronically to:
Sean Robinson, Sean.Robinson@oneonta.edu
Deadline: August 30, 2019 (until spaces are full)
The Northeastern Alpine Stewardship Gathering is an opportunity for alpine researchers, planners, managers, stewards, and interested parties to gather, share, and improve the understanding of the mountainous alpine areas in the Northeast United States.
Adirondack Mountain Club and The Waterman Fund
In Partnership with the Adirondack Chapter of The Nature Conservancy andNew York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
For more information, contact Kayla White, email@example.com